Drew Millburn was born and raised in Oklahoma. After graduating from the University of Oklahoma, he and his wife moved to Colorado. He currently advises and assists on several youth teams in addition to coaching at the high school level.
He holds the following certifications:
- Certified Player Safety Coach - USA Football
- Certified Tackle Football Instructor - USA Football
- High School Heads Up Football Instructor - NFHS
- Level 1 Accredited Interscholastic Coach - NFHS
- Level 2 Certified Interscholastic Coach - NFHS
- Certified Double-Goal Coach - Positive Coaching Alliance
- Member - CHSAA Coaching Association
- 2018 NFHS Concussion Certification
- 2018 C.D.C. Concussion Certification
- 2018 Certification in Pediatric CPR & First Aid
Drew has personally selected coaches from across the Denver Metro area that not only believe in the FIRE Philosophy, but practice these ideals consistently:
- Don't tell. Do teach. Explain the "why's".
- Instruct the fundamentals. Improve technique of each athlete.
- Provide honest, easy-to-understand feedback.
- Display a contagious love of the game.
Coaching is a profession of love. You can't coach people unless you love them.
-- Eddie Robinson