Coach Millburn and Coach Thorp attend several annual safety and professional development courses, seminars, and clinics. Both coaches hold the following certifications:
- Certified Player Safety Coach - USA Football
- Certified Tackle Football Instructor - USA Football
- High School Heads Up Football Instructor - NFHS
- Level 1 Accredited Interscholastic Coach - NFHS
- Level 2 Certified Interscholastic Coach - NFHS
- Certified Double-Goal Coach - Positive Coaching Alliance
- Member - CHSAA Coaching Association
- 2022 NFHS Concussion Certification
- 2022 NFHS Student Mental Health & Suicide Prevention
- 2022 NFHS Heat Illness Prevention
- 2022 C.D.C. Concussion Certification
- 2022 Certification in Pediatric CPR & First Aid
Coaching is a profession of love. You can't coach people unless you love them.
-- Eddie Robinson
FIRE Coaching Philosophy:
- Don't tell. Do teach. Explain the "why's".
- Instruct the fundamentals. Improve technique.
- Provide honest, easy-to-understand feedback.
- Display a contagious love of the game.
Drew Millburn was born and raised in Oklahoma. After graduating from the University of Oklahoma, he and his wife moved to Colorado.
He has coached high school and youth football in Colorado for 16 years.
Lucas Thorp is native to Colorado. He attended the University of Colorado for both his undergraduate and graduate degrees.
A state champion as both a coach and a player, he has coached both high school and youth football since 2005